Siblings of people with disabilities are important!
April 26, 2020
There is an exciting initiative in New York focused on enhancing and expanding available resources and making connections among adult siblings of people with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities. The brand new Sibling Resource website- www.siblingresources.org – has recently launched!
This initiative, funded by the New York State Developmental Disabilities Planning Council (NYS DDPC) is being led by the Cornell University Yang-Tan Institute on Employment and Disability and is working in partnership with the Sibling Leadership Network (SLN) and sibsNY. Through this dynamic collaboration, we have created the attached resource for siblings of people with disabilities in NY. We encourage you to please share this meaningful information with your networks. Please help us to get the word out by sharing the attached resource for siblings of people with disabilities in NY in any of the following ways:
· Email the resource to your networks, especially families of people with disabilities that include siblings
· Add the resource to your website for people to access it easily
· Include information about the resource in your newsletter
· Print copies of the resource and leave them in your organization’s waiting area
· Give copies of the resource to people in your network to give out to families at meetings and events
The website is dedicated to addressing issues concerning siblings of individuals with disabilities. To ensure that you receive additional information and updates about the website, online educational materials and innovative training opportunities, please join us at SiblingResources.org.